Sonder Health Plans is looking for a full-time Human Resources Manager. The Human Resources Manager is responsible for recruiting (including interviewing candidates as requested), onboarding and training new hires, administering payroll, benefits, compliance, employee relations, employee engagement, and advising on company policies and practices. The ideal candidate will multi-task on a variety of human resources tasks in a fast-paced environment while serving as a resource for leadership, new and current employees.
- Administer employee compensation and benefit programs.
- Payroll processing using the ADP Workforce Now platform.
- Facilitate staffing needs by posting open positions, recruiting applicants, performing interviews, and needed and coordinating offer and onboarding processes.
- Develop or implement recruiting strategies to meet current or anticipated staffing needs.
- Oversee the evaluation, classification and rating of occupations and job positions.
- Facilitates new hire orientation and new hire training.
- Address employee relations issues, such as harassment allegations, work complaints, or other employee concerns.
- Provide current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, opportunities for promotion and employee benefits.
- Advise and train managers on organizational policy matters such as equal employment opportunity and harassment free workplace and recommend needed changes.
- Conduct reference or background checks on job applicants.
- Manage hiring and onboarding new employees, new hire orientation and upload hiring-related paperwork into the HRIS system.
- Confer with management to develop or update employee handbook policies or procedures.
- Interpret and explain human resources policies, procedures, laws, standards, or regulations to leadership and employees.
- Maintain and update human resources documents including but not limited to: employee handbooks or policies and procedures, personnel files and/or records, and performance documentation.
- Analyze compensation and benefits policies to advise leadership on competitive programs and ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Analyze training needs to design employee development, management training on various topics.
- Prepare or maintain employee information related to hiring, background checks, termination, leaves, transfers, or promotions, using a human resources management software system.
- Conduct exit interviews to identify reasons for employee termination.
- Represent organization at employee-related hearings and investigations.
- Assist with and follow budgets for employee operations.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations and recommended best practices; review policies and practices to ensure legal compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes and new technologies in human resources, talent management and employment law.
- Develop or administer special projects in areas such as pay equity, employee recognition and other duties as assigned.
- Facilitate Benefit enrollments for new employees and be the point of contact for employees and the brokers.
Other duties as assigned.
- SHRM-CP or PHR certification strongly preferred.
- A bachelor’s or associate’s degree in human resources, Business Administration, or related field or equivalent experience.
- 3 years Human Resources Management experience.
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and conflict-resolution skills
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize tasks and meet project deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to act with professionalism and confidentiality while fostering teamwork and collaboration.
- Ability to adapt and pivot in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Thorough knowledge of employment laws and regulations
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US:
- You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you a clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role.
- Work in a positive, and environment with limitless career growth.
- See your work foster results that have a direct impact on the company goals.